This DIY leather cactus luggage tag is the perfect way to find your luggage bag easily. I have a black suit case, which means I can never find it when it’s rolling by in luggage claim. Once I add this leather cactus tag to my case I’ll be able to spot it right away and not have to worry that I’m wheeling someone else’s suitcase away with me.If you don’t know already, we are traveling to Seattle on July 1st! I’m oh so very excited to be traveling and going to Washington for the first time. Leave a comment below with any recommendations you have for places to see if you’ve ever been before!
- Leather or faux leather
- Cactus stencil
- Hole punch
- Fabric glue
How to make this leather cactus luggage tag:
- Start by either printing out an image of a cactus or free handing one and then cutting out the actual cactus. This will be your stencil.
- Grab a pen or pencil and trace around your cactus stencil onto the backside of the leather.
- Cut out the cactus from your leather.
- Flip your stencil over and repeat steps 2-3.
- Using your hole punch, punch a hole into both of your leather cacti.
- Taking your fabric glue, glue the backside of one of the cactus and then press it firmly to the backside of the other cactus, making sure that the holes line up properly. Let dry.
- Cut out a long and thin strip from your leather and loop it through the hole on your cactus. This will be your tie.
- Tie the leather strap to your purse or luggage and get a going!
Now you are ready to travel the world with your cactus tag! If you are looking for other cactus diy’s be sure to check out this embroidered cactus baseball hat. Another great travel accessory! Comment below where you would take your cactus luggage tag!