If you like flamingos and like trinket dishes then jump on in to find out how to make this fun flamingo trinket dish! You already know I have a thing for flamingos so this DIY was riiiight up my alley. If you don’t know what to put in your little flamingo trinket dish here are some ideas: jewelry, pins, washi tape, candy, all your other plastic flamingos because you bought a bag of 100 of them and don’t know what to do with the rest. Just a few ideas. I’m leaning towards the last idea unless I want little plastic flamingos flocking all over my room (which I wouldn’t be mad about).
- Plain wooden box mine was 4-1/5 by 2-3/4
- Paint brush
- Plastic flamingos
- Hot glue gun
- Paper cup
- Plastic spoon
How to make this flamingo trinket dish:
- Start by painting your wooden box whatever color you choose. I painted one white and another turquoise. Paint the whole wooden box.
- Once your wooden box is completely dry you can add your flamingos to the bottom of it. My plastic flamingos came with a little stand so I just took some scissors and cut the stand part off so they could lie on their sides. Arrange your flamingos how you want them and then take your hot glue gun and dab a little bit of glue onto the back of them and press them into the box. Let the glue dry before moving onto step 3.
- Now it is time to mix up your resin. Use your plastic cup and plastic spoon to mix together the resin and the catalyst according to the instructions on your resin packaging. Immediately pour it into the wooden box, making sure to completely cover the flamingos.
- Let the resin cure overnight or per your resin instructions.
- Use as you please!
Be sure to share this DIY with anyone else who loves flamingos as much as I do!