These cactus push pins are possibly one of the cutest crafts I have made so far! Don’t get me wrong, I love all my DIY’s but oh my cuteness! These cactus push pins look amazing hanging up your favorite images or inspirational quotes on a cork board. They also are a perfect back to school/dorm room project you can make!
To be honest, I had to stick these pins into my bed frame because I’ve moved too many times to figure out where my cork board is these days… Moving problems, amiright? I think my bed did a pretty good job hosting these cactus pins though. DIY blogging is all about improvising. And if that means I’m sticking cactus push pins into my bed, then I’m all for it I just hope none fell into my bed…
How to make these cactus push pins:
- Start by putting down some newspaper or finding an area that you can work and spill at ease.
- In a bowl or cup that you don’t mind ruining, mix together your plaster and water. You want your mixture to be like the consistency of batter – not too runny and not too solid. You can add more water or plaster as you mix to get it to the right consistency.
- Pour your plaster mixture into the silicone cactus tray.
- Stick tacks in the back of each of the cactus.
- Let your cactus dry for an hour or according to your plaster instructions.
- Once your cactus is completely dry you can paint it. I went with various shades of green for my cactus but if you are feeling adventurous you could do some pink or yellow cactus!
- Let dry and then stick into your cork board (or my bed if you caught my insta story!).
Looking for more fun back to school DIY projects? Check out my Pinterest where I’m always sharing new projects! While you’re there pin this image to spread the love!