This Jack O’Lantern planter is not only a festive and functional way to hold all your plants but you can also change its face around! Yep, you heard that right, you can change this Jack O’lanterns eyes and mouth to fit your mood. It’s a great craft to get your kids involved with as I’m sure they would love to swap out mouths or eyes everyday.
But don’t take my word for it, keep reading on to find out how you can make this fun face changing Jack O’lantern planter so you can play around with it yourself!
- Tera cotta planter
- Paint brush
- Black felt
How to make a face changing Jack O’Lantern planter:
- Start by painting your tera cotta pot orange. This took me several coats to make sure it was even and opaque, just make sure it is fully dry before you stick the velcro on your planter.
- While your planter is drying you can cut out little eyes and mouths from the black felt. I just free handed mine but you could also print out a picture and use it as a stencil and trace around it. Cut out several sets of eyes and a couple of mouths so you can swap your Jack O’lanterns face out.
- Put three dots of velcro onto your orange planter where you want the eyes and mouth to go.
- Put the backing piece of the velcro onto the back of each of your eyes and mouths.
- Stick on a face and you are good to go!
I’ve been having fun swapping up my pumpkins faces every day, it’s quite a fun craft if I do say so myself. Be sure to share this DIY with your friends or kids and comment below if you end up making one yourself!