You can’t be surprised that I decided to make this crazy cactus lady costume for Halloween this year. If any of my past DIY’s have told you anything, I’m obsessed with cactus. So i’ve embraced the love and gone full on crazy cactus lady with this simple Halloween costume.
This costume is definitely one of my favorite DIY costumes to date. Plus, these glasses are kind of amazing. I might start wearing them as an accessory. I might start wearing this bathrobe all the time too…
Don’t mind me, just watering my cactus.
Just embracing the crazy over here! If you are too then keep reading to find out how I made this simple costume!
- Bath robe
- Felt cactus (you can also make your own)
- Pajama pants (preferably cactus themed)
How to make this crazy cactus lady costume:
- I just want to start by saying you can attach your cactus to your bath robe however you want, but since I wanted to make this costume quickly I went with velcro. You could also use hot glue or sew them on.
- Start by laying your bath robe out and figuring out where you want to place your cactus.
- Take one side of the velcro and place it on the robe where you want your cactus to lay. Take the other side of the velcro and put it on the back of the cactus. Stick the cactus to the robe.
- For the rest of the outfit I went with pajama pants, a plain t-shirt, and slippers.
- For my hair I threw it up in a messy bun to showcase the crazy.
- Put on your fake glasses and you are good to go.
- For an added prop I’d suggest carrying around a watering can, it really brings the whole look together!
There you go, a fast last minute Halloween costume that is easy and fairly cheap to make! Be sure to share this costume with any crazy cactus ladies that you know and comment below what you will be this year for Halloween!