I plan on wearing this embroidered apron for my thanksgiving cooking this year. If you want to too keep on reading to find how to make it!
Thanksgiving is wayyyy too soon for comfort. Like I have to get my ish together yesterday too soon. I don’t know what I’m cooking or baking at all. Usually I’m way ahead of the game and have everything planned out before now. This year just sort of snuck up on me.
At least I know one thing, that I will be styling in my new embroidered apron! I’m a pretty messy cook so it was only natural that I decided to make a DIY project to help combat that. And it was just fate that it ended up having a thanksgiving pun on it!
I’m certainly going to give em’ pumpkin to talk about (once I have everything planned…)
Stencil (or free hand write the saying)
How to make this embroidered apron:
1. Start by either downloading the stencil (Click here) that I used or writing out your own saying onto your apron using an embroidery pen (it washes right off!).
2. Put your hoop over the first letter and start to embroider! I used a simple running in and out stitch, so I brought the needle to the front and pulled the thread through and then I brought to the back across the letter and continued this method until the whole letter was filled. For a full tutorial on how I did this, click here.
3. For the pumpkin I used a running stitch, find the tutorial for that here.
4. Once all your letters are embroidered you can go ahead and run it under water to erase the pen marks. Let dry.
5. Throw on your apron and get making!
For some more Thanksgiving ideas be sure to check out these napkin rings!