Upgrade your hat with this simple pom pom ear beanie diy! You can easily customize what color yarn you use and how big you make your pom poms to fit your own style!
- Pom pom maker (alternatively you can make a pom pom without one)
How to make this pom pom ear beanie:
- To make your pom poms using a pom pom maker check out this tutorial I have on making a pom pom wreath. To make pom poms not using a pom pom maker, check out this tutorial I’ve linked. I have made pom poms both ways and to be honest I think they come out a lot nicer using the maker, plus you can get more funky by using different colored yarns with the maker.
- Once you have made two pom poms, take your beanie and place them roughly where you want them to go. I suggest doing this with the hat on as it looks a bit different flat versus on your head.
- Taking one of the pom poms, thread your needle with one of the strands from the pom pom and sew the strand through to the inside of the hat. Do this with another strand close by to the first one.
- Tightly tie your two strands together, double knotting them to make sure they are secure.
- Repeat this process with your second pom pom.
That’s it! Now you’ve got a super cute little pom pom ear beanie to wear the rest of winter!