This reindeer sleep mask was a bit of a last minute project for me as my other Christmas project has taken longer than expected (check back soon for that!). I wanted to make something simple and festive and something that could easily be a gift.
This reindeer sleep mask did all three anndddd it’s super cute also! Just look at that face!
I don’t usually wear sleep masks but when it is this cute I definitely can’t pass up and I don’t want to take it off! I also don’t ever want to get out of bed in the morning so maybe the solution for both of those is to stay in bed sleeping with my reindeer sleep mask on all day!
Did I mention this would make a great gift to give a friend??
Soft fabric in any color (this will be the back)
Optional: fabric glue for a no-sew version
How to make this reindeer sleep mask:
1. Draw or print out an eye mask shape onto paper. Cut this out to use as a stencil.
2. Place the stencil onto your brown fabric and cut around it. Do the same with your soft fabric (mine is the red fabric).
3. Draw or print out little antlers onto paper to use as a stencil for your reindeer antlers. I just free handed mine straight onto the felt but you can always use a stencil if need be.
5. Cut out a small round circle from your red felt.
6. Cut out two small black circles for the eyes.
Time to sew!
8. Now that you have all of your pieces you can go ahead and start sewing everything together. Start by sewing the nose onto the center of your eye mask and then the eyes a little further up. I just used a simple running stitch. Note: if you do not sew you can always use fabric glue for this and the following steps.
9. Sew the 2 of the antlers together and then sew the other two together. Next, sew these onto your mask above the eyes.
10. Sew your small brown felt ear onto the larger brown fabric ear, do the same thing with the other two ears. Sew the ears onto the mask a little bit away from the antlers.
11. Place your string in the middle of the mask and sew it in place on both sides of the mask.
12. Taking your soft piece of fabric, sew this to the back of the reindeer face.
13. Close your eyes and put your mask on and dream about Rudolf and Santa.
If you’re looking for more gift ideas be sure to check out these marble coasters or these fun glittery keychains!