These Valentine’s Day coasters are the perfect decoration for anyone who loves a good pun. Or loves a good cup of tea. I happen to love both of those things and when you combine them together – then I love them even more!
- Small silicone letter mold
- Large circular silicone mold (I bought the size medium here)
- Plastic cup
- Plastic spoon or mixing stick
- Red food coloring
How to make these Valentine’s Day coasters:
- Start by making your letters by mixing together your resin. To do this pour equal parts of resin and the catalyst into a plastic cup. You won’t need a lot of resin to make the letters so don’t pour a ton into your cup. Next, mix together the resin and catalyst using a plastic spoon or stirring stick for about 2 minutes (or per your resins instructions).
- Drop 1 drop of red food coloring into your resin mixture and stir it in until it is uniform in color.
- Immediately pour the resin into your letter mold (pouring directly into the letters to spell out your phrase). Be sure to whip off any excess resin as it will harden. Let your letters cure for 24 hours. Repeat this step as needed for more letters.
- Once you’ve created all of your letters you can make the actual coasters. Pour out a large amount of resin and the catalyst and mix together. Once fully mixed pour some glitter into the cup and mix that in.
- Immediately pour the resin mixture into your coaster mold.
- Place each of your letters into the mold face up so they spell out your phrase (note: I tried placing the letters into the mold both face up and face down and they were just too hard to read when placed faced down). You can use your stirring stick to help move the letters around how you like them. Let cure for 24 hours.